The M+P Committee's job is to maintain an effective working relationship with the church staff, including the members of the ministerial team, the administration team and building staff.
- Members of the order of ministry are called to Bloor Street United Church following the meeting of a Joint Pastoral Relationship Committee and the Congregation, but the M & P Committee is responsible for the support, salaries and benefits, and the relationship of the ministerial team with other church staff and the congregation.
- We hire and supervise all staff, other than the members of the ministerial and administrative teams.
- We supervise the operation of the church office.
- We provide an annual review of the effectiveness of the Church's staff as it relates to the Church's programs as defined by the Church Council and develop and administer appropriate personnel policies.
- Liaise with other committees, including the Finance and Administration and Property Committees, with respect to the working relationships of ministerial and office staff.
- We provide regular reports to the Church Council and the Congregation at the Annual Meeting.
To contact us, please send an email to the chair of M+P, at [email protected] .